Saturday 14 June 2014

Sparrowhawk



We have a lot of bird feeders in the garden and it's always a pleasure to see the variety of British birds taking advantage of the free meal.  I've been told that if you see a lot of birds in the garden then you have a healthy garden. The downside of this (for the birds anyway) are the predators they attract.  Kestrels and Sparrowhawks are usually moving so fast that you hardly have time to register them let alone train a camera on them.  I was fortunate with this one.  I actually had the camera in my hand after trying to photograph something else when it swooped into the garden.  The Sparrowhawk was very obliging and stayed put for almost five minutes and seemed quite tolerant of me being nearby.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent shot - it was probably considering you for lunch.

    ReplyDelete